Thu, 10 2019
Shakarpara (Sweet and crispy snack)Cook time : 25 mins, 5-serving
It's easy to learn how to make sweet snacks in tamil language. sweet snacks in tamil language is one of my favorite menu.
How to make sweet snacks in tamil language easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the sweet snacks in tamil language! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup butter clarified (ghee)
- 1.25 Cups all purpose flour (maida)
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1.5 Cups oil for deep frying
- Take a pan, keep it on medium heat
- Add sugar, clarified butter, water and mix it well
- Stir the mixture till it becomes a bit sticky syrup
- Once the mixture is of desired consistency, turn off the stove and keep it aside for 20-25 minutes so that it cools down
- Add all purpose flour and knead semi soft dough without adding water. Dough is shown in Image1
- Divide the dough in 3 equal pieces
- Roll each piece in to 7 inches diameter circle and be 1 cm thick
- Cut it in to small diamond/ triangle shape as shown in Image2 call each piece as shakarpara
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat for deep frying
- Wait till the oil is hot, add 6-8 shakarpara at a time in to oil and reduce the heat to low
- Fry it for approximately 2 minutes, take it out when it becomes light golden in color as shown in Image3
- Keep a kitchen towel in a plate and keep shakarpara on it to dry access oil
- Let it cool down then store it in airtight container, you can enjoy it for 15-16 days
- Note: Fry shakarpara on low heat to make it crispy.
That's sweet snacks recipes in tamil language, Special thanks to Shivani Nair for making this delicious recipe.