Thu, 11 2019
Slow Cooker Beef CalderetaCook time : -, 1 Serving
It's easy to learn how to make chicken sandwich spread recipe filipino style. chicken sandwich spread recipe filipino style is one of my favorite menu.
How to make chicken sandwich spread recipe filipino style easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the chicken sandwich spread recipe filipino style! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 2.2 lbs Beef stew meat (chuck roast cut into chunks)
- 2 tbsp Oil (plus a little extra if needed)
- 3 Garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 Plum Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium size Carrots, sliced into 1-inch thickness
- 4 Red Potatoes, cut into cubes (roughly the same size as the carrots)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 cup Beef broth or water
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce or Soy Sauce (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/3-1/2 cup Peanut Butter, or to taste (maybe replaced with Liver spread to be more authentic)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 cup frozen Peas
- 2 tsp brown Sugar (optional)
- to taste Salt and Pepper,
- Season the beef chunks with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan (like a heavy stainless steel or cast iron skillet), heat the oil until hot but not smoking. Sear the beef by browning on all sides in the hot oil. Keep some space in between the beef chunks when frying so don’t dump all the beef but cook in batches.
- Place in a plate as you cook. This method will ensure a deep and delicious taste from the meat so if you can don’t omit the step.
- In the remaining oil (or add a little oil to the skillet if needed) saute the garlic, onions and tomatoes for 3-4 minutes. The purpose is to deglaze the pan with the juices from the veggies and get all the yummy brown bits remaining there for extra flavor.
- Place the beef and the sauteed vegetables in the slow cooker. If there’s no time, simply add the browned beef with the vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Add the carrots, potatoes and bay leaves. Pour the beef broth (or water), fish sauce or soy sauce and the tomato sauce. Give it a quick stir. Cover and cook on low until the beef is fork tender between 6-8 hours.
- When the beef is already tender enough to eat (but not falling apart) add the peanut butter and red bell pepper. You can also add the frozen peas at this point. Add the sugar, if using. This is not to sweeten the stew but to enhance the flavor. Season with extra salt and pepper, if needed. Stir everything gently. Cook for another 30 minutes to 1 hour or until everything is fully heated through.
- Serve with freshly steamed rice on the side.
That's chicken sandwich spread recipe filipino style, Special thanks to Minda for making this delicious recipe.