Fri, 11 2019
Spicy Chicken Curry South Indian Style
It's easy to learn how to make chicken curry indian styles. chicken curry indian styles is one of my favorite menu.
How to make chicken curry indian styles easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the chicken curry indian styles! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1 chicken , cleaned and cut into pieces
- 2 potatoes , cubed
- 1 tomato , sliced
- 2 onions , sliced
- 2 Tablespoons garlic , chopped
- 1 Tablespoon ginger , chopped
- 2 green chillies , slit lengthwise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves
- 2 pods cardamom
- 1 Tablespoon fennel seeds (saunf)
- 2 Tablespoons coriander seeds whole
- 4 chillies whole dry red
- 4 Tablespoons coconut grated / dessicated
- handful curry leaves of
- 2 Teaspoons chilli powder
- 1 Teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 Teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon mustard seeds
- Clean the chicken and cut into medium size pieces. wash well, drain and marinate with 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and a bit of salt. set aside.
- Dry roast the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom pods, bay leaf, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, whole red chilies, desiccated coconut and a few curry leaves. keep mixing it well so that no part of it gets burned. the coconut should have turned an even brown, and the curry leaves should be wilted and dry.
- Transfer the dry roasted spices and coconut to a mixer and grind to a paste using a little water. set aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai / vessel. add the mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds splutter, add the curry leaves and toss about for 10 seconds.
- Add the slit green chilies, ginger and garlic. Stir till they turn a slight golden brown.
- Add the sliced onions and the remaining turmeric powder. stir till the onions are translucent.
- Add the tomato, remaining chili powder and coriander powder. stir well (about 2 minutes).
- Next, reduce the heat to medium and add the masala paste prepared earlier. mix well, about 2 minutes. then add the potatoes and stir well. cook covered for about a minute.
- Increase the heat to high, and add the marinated chicken pieces. stir them around till the pieces are evenly coated with the masala and turn slightly opaque.
- Add enough water to form a gravy, and return to a medium - low flame. cook covered for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- By this time, the fat should have separated from the curry. add salt at this stage, stir and cook uncovered for another 5 minutes.
- Check seasoning and test the potatoes to see if done, and switch off the flame.
- Let the curry rest for about 20 minutes, before serving. serve with rotis or rice.
That's chicken curry recipes indian styles, Special thanks to Nirmala Prem for making this delicious recipe.