Mon, 11 2019
Fluffy Chocolate Roll Cake
It's easy to learn how to make chocolate log recipe odlums. chocolate log recipe odlums is one of my favorite menu.
How to make chocolate log recipe odlums easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the chocolate log recipe odlums! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- For the chocolate roll cake
- 70 grams ＊Cake flour
- 4 ＊Eggs
- 15 grams ＊Cocoa
- 80 grams ＊Sugar
- For the chocolate cream
- 50 grams ☆Chocolate bar
- 150 ml ☆Heavy cream
- Take the eggs out of the refrigerator just before use and separate the egg whites and yolks. Sift together the flour and cocoa. Preheat the oven to 180℃.
- Whip the egg whites. Add the sugar in 2 goes and whip until stiff peaks form to make a meringue.
- Add the egg yolks into the mixture and mix in lightly until fully incorporated.
- Once the yolks are mixed in, sift in the flour and cocoa mixture all at once and fold in with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the mixture from Step 4 into a baking tray lined with parchment paper and drop it lightly onto the counter 2-3 times to remove excess air bubbles and level out the mixture. Bake in an oven preheated to 180℃ for 13-14 minutes and, once done, leave to cool with the parchment paper still attached.
- Cool the sponge inside the baking tray. Either use another baking tray on top as a lid or wait for the sponge to cool down a bit and cover with a layer of cling film.
- Time to make the chocolate cream. Break up the chocolate into small pieces and add to a heat-resistant container along with 30 ml cream and heat up in the microwave for 30 seconds-1 minute.
- Take the chocolate from the microwave and gently mix until glossy.
- Add 10 g sugar to the remaining 120 ml cream and whip together until stiff peaks form. Add the melted chocolate mixture from step 8 and mix together to complete the chocolate cream.
- Spread the chocolate cream over one side of the cooled chocolate sponge and roll. Once the cake is rolled, wrap it in cling film and leave to rest in the refrigerator for over 1 hour.
- This is how the roll cake looks with the parchment paper attached. It might be nice to keep the cake this way and simply wrap in cling film or wrapping and giving it to somebody as a present.
- By reducing the amount of cocoa from 20 g to 15 g, reducing the amount of cream and adding the lid during cooling, I managed to make this cake easier to roll.
That's chocolate log recipe odlums, Special thanks to cookpad.japan for making this delicious recipe.