Fri, 11 2019
Chicken Wings Stewed in Tomato Sauce with Lentils
It's easy to learn how to make stew recipe with tomato sauce. stew recipe with tomato sauce is one of my favorite menu.
How to make stew recipe with tomato sauce easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the stew recipe with tomato sauce! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 8 Chicken wings
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 Red chili pepper
- 2 medium Onions
- 1/2 Celery
- 2 Bacon (store-bought slices)
- 2 Bay leaves (dried)
- 1 can Canned tomatoes
- 1 Salt and pepper
- 300 ml Lentils
- 2 tbsp Parsley (finely chopped)
- Gently rinse the lentils, then soak in twice the amount of water.
- Slice the onions lengthwise along the grain. If the celery is tough, remove a few fibers, then diagonally slice. Mince the garlic.
- Slowly pan-fry both sides of the chicken wings in a frying pan over medium-high heat until golden brown. No extra oil necessary.
- In a separate pot, heat the olive oil, then cook the garlic and red chili pepper until fragrant. Add the onions, celery, and finely sliced bacon, and sauté.
- Transfer the chicken wings to the pot, add the bay leaves, then fill with enough boiling water to slightly cover the ingredients. Stew over medium heat for 7-8 minutes.
- Once the flavors have combined, add the drained lentils and slowly stew over low heat. Occasionally check the pot and add more water if necessary.
- Add the canned tomatoes. Once the lentils become tender, the stew thickens, and the chicken starts falling off of the bones, it's finished simmering.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then serve. Transfer them to heated bowls and top with finely chopped parsley.
That's stew recipe with tomato sauce, Special thanks to cookpad.japan for making this delicious recipe.