Sat, 11 2019
Homemade Frozen Turkey BurgersCook time : 1 hour, 1 Serving
It's easy to learn how to make frozen food prep . frozen food prep is one of my favorite menu.
How to make frozen food prep easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the frozen food prep ! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- Burger base
- 2 lb ground turkey
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs (Italian style) more or less as preferred
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning blend
- 1 fresh ground pepper and sea salt (to taste)
- 1 sweet bell peppers (mix red, orange, yellow...about a 1/4 of each)
- 1 green onion (spring onion/ scallions)
- 1/2 small red onion (or any type)
- 4 clove garlic
- 1 scotch bonnet or " seasoning peppers" or other hot pepper seeds removed (optional)
- 1 burger bun of your preference (I like onion)
- 1 salad cream or hummus spread
- 1 slice of nice quality cheese (sharp or aged cheddar)
- 1 alfalfa sprouts, and thinly sliced: seedless cucumbers, red onion, grape tomatoes, avocado, red, orange, or yellow bell peppers, mushrooms.
- MAKE THE PATTIES...
- Layer 2 cookie sheets with wax or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mince veggies in the "Additives" section very finely (use a mini chopper or food processor if available) Total yield should be about 3/4 cup.
- Combine all burger mix ingredients with minced veggies in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Lay mixture on a smooth cutting board in a square or rectangle, divide into even sections depending on the size of your patties. (8-10)
- Roll each divided section into a ball then flatten into a burger shaped pattie.
- Coat patties lightly in flour (optional step), place on wax paper not touching. Freeze.
- Once fully frozen (overnight), cut the paper so each pattie has its own square. Store in a plastic freezer bag or other airtight container in the freezer.
- READY TO COOK?!!
- When ready to cook, take burger(s) out of freezer, set aside. Prepare bun and fixins.
- Heat nonstick skillet on medium with a tiny bit of oil. Carefully place frozen burger into pan. Sear for 1-2 min each side, reduce heat to med-low. Cook another 6-7 minutes each side, gently press pattie occasionally to flatten and expel excess liquid.
- Remove pattie to a plate and allow to cool for a minute, then pop onto the waiting bun with fixins. Press gently to squish to a manageable size that will fit your chompers, then let the challenge begin! It's a practiced art form to eat a tall burger, and be ready for fallout if you used alot of fixins!!
- Note: Can be cooked from frozen on a grillpress like a George Foreman (about 10 to 12 mins depending on grill, follow manufacturer cooking recommendations. Flip once 90° turn after 5 min for grid marks). And for you low carbers, serve bunless atop a bed of mixed baby greens and choice of toppers.
That's frozen food prep recipes, Special thanks to Uninstalled for making this delicious recipe.