Tue, 11 2019
Homemade Hamburger Helper - Lasagna Style
It's easy to learn how to make italian style lasagna recipe. italian style lasagna recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make italian style lasagna recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the italian style lasagna recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (16 oz.) unsalted tomato sauce
- 3 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. each dried basil, dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. each salt, pepper, sugar
- 8 oz. uncooked pasta (small variety)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- Start by heating the olive oil in a large pot or deep skillet over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the onions and cook, stirring often, until they start to soften up, about 3-5 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook just a minute or so more, until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned throughout, breaking it up as you cook it. Drain any excess fat if needed. Then stir in the tomato sauce, broth, seasonings and dry pasta. Increase the heat to med-high and allow it to come to a low boil.
- Once at a boil, decrease the heat down to med-low and allow to simmer about 13-15 minutes, or until pasta is fully cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed. Be sure to stir often throughout the cook time.
- Once it's done, remove it from the heat and let it sit for about 3 minutes. Then stir in half of each cheese. Once it's incorporated, top with the additional mozzarella and parmesan cheese, then serve and enjoy!
That's italian style lasagna recipe, Special thanks to Christina for making this delicious recipe.