Sun, 11 2019
Vickys Scottish Shortbread, GF DF EF SF NF
It's easy to learn how to make shortbread pie dough recipe. shortbread pie dough recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make shortbread pie dough recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the shortbread pie dough recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 125 grams gold-foil Stork (or butter), softened
- 75 grams caster sugar plus extra for dusting
- 175 grams sifted plain flour or 150g flour, 25g semolina or sweet rice flour
- 150 g gluten-free flour
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum for gluten-free flour
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy then stir in the flour until combined to a dough you can pick up
- Smooth the dough into a greased 8 inch pie tin, prick with a fork then pattern the edges by pressing your thumb around then chill in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F
- Score into 8 triangles then bake for 40 - 45 minutes until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack and dust generously with more caster sugar
- Cut into 8 and store in an airtight container. Will keep for 2 days
- If you double the recipe you can use a swiss roll / jelly roll tin and cut the shortbread into fingers or squares instead of triangles. Temp is the same, give them a extra 10 minutes or so in time
That's shortbread pie dough recipe, Special thanks to [email protected] Free-From Cookbook for making this delicious recipe.