Tue, 12 2019
Chicken Katsu Curry
It's easy to learn how to make chicken katsu curry recipe. chicken katsu curry recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make chicken katsu curry recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the chicken katsu curry recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- Chicken Katsu
- 2 Chicken Breasts (pounded until thin)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Japanese Panko-Style Breadcrumbs
- 1 Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup Cooking Oil (for frying)
- 1/2 packages Vermont Mild Japanese Curry Sauce (comes with two curry sauce cubes in a package)
- 2 large Potatoes (or 3 medium potatoes)
- 1 large White Onion
- 2 medium Carrots
- 3 clove Minced Garlic (optional)
- 2 cup Water
- 2 Scallions (for garnish)
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- For the curry, peel (optional) and cut up potatoes into wedges. Dice the onion. Peel and chop up the carrots. Mince the garlic.
- In a stewing pot, add oil and garlic in the pot and heat up the garlic and oil at the same time to infuse garlic taste.
- When the garlic starts to turn a golden color, add in diced onion and cook until onion is translucent.
- When the onion starts to take on a little color, add in potatoes, carrots, and water. Bring to a boil.
- When the soup comes to a boil, turn down the heat and leave it to simmer for about 30 minutes our until the potatoes are knife-tender.
- After the potatoes become tender, break up the curry cubes and add to the pot of veggies. Turn down the heat to low and stir the curry into the soup to thicken. Stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes. (I'm using Vermont brand curry sauce, but you can definitely use any other curry sauce recipe you like)
- While the curry is thickening, start pounding both chicken breasts flat with either the smooth side of a meat tenderizer, a rolling pin, or the palm of your hands! (Great stress reliever).
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Separate the flour, egg (cracked and beaten), and panko in three different shallow plates. Start dredging and chicken. Toss the chicken in the flour until coated, shake off any excess flour, and soak in the beaten egg until covered. Pick up the chicken and then toss the chicken in the bread crumbs, pressing the crumbs into the chicken. Repeat with other chicken breast let the chicken rest while the oil is heating.
- Heat the oil in a high-side pan on medium heat. To tell if the oil is ready, drop a bread crumb into the oil and watch for a light crackle sound. Drop the chicken in the oil and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels and slice into strips.
- Serve your curry on a bed of fluffy rice and top with crispy chicken and sliced scallions. Voila!
That's chicken katsu curry recipe, Special thanks to SleeplessMess for making this delicious recipe.