Wed, 12 2019
Jamaican brown stewed chicken
It's easy to learn how to make chicken . chicken is one of my favorite menu.
How to make chicken easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the chicken ! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1/2 cup oil for frying chicken
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 sprig thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1/2 tsp pepper sauce (I like crushed scotch bonnet)
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 2 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 tbsp Jamaican pickapeppa sauce (browning sauce)
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground all spice
- to taste Salt and pepper
- 1 roughly chopped carrot
- chicken marinade
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup oil (for frying chicken)
- 3 lb chicken
- Marinade the chicken using ingredients above for 1 hour or over night
- Remove chicken from marinade and fry in Dutch oven in 1/2 cup oil until browned on both sides. (Then remove chicken, it will cook through after in the gravy)
- Remove 1/2 the oil (leaving half in the Dutch oven) and cook the onions, carrots and pepper until onions are translucent.
- Add the thyme, pepper sauce, pickapeppa sauce and ketchup and all other spices. Mix.. Then add the 2 cups water.
- Place chicken back in the pot and move around so that the gravy is surrounding the chicken.
- Let simmer for 30 min or until chicken cooked through
- Serve with rice and peas... or white rice and salad/or coleslaw. I love fried plantains with this as well.
That's chicken recipes, Special thanks to Kellie Ro for making this delicious recipe.