Thu, 12 2019
Hearty Turkey and Rice Soup
It's easy to learn how to make leftover turkey rice soup recipe. leftover turkey rice soup recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make leftover turkey rice soup recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the leftover turkey rice soup recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 2 cup shredded turkey (white or dark meat,or both)
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 6 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 2/3 cup rice (parboiled or jasmine rice)
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 lemon
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- In a large soup pot, add oil and sauté onion and garlic for 2 min.
- Add the celery and carrots and continue cooking for 5 min.
- Add your shredded turkey, salt, pepper,parsley, basil and bay leaf, mix to combine.
- Add the rice to the pot and mix everything together. And cook 2 min
- Making sure you've washed your lemon, remove seeds and squeeze the lemon juice into the pot, and add the 2 halves to the pot as well (the hint of lemon in the soup is delish) stir everything.
- Pour in your chicken stock and stir. Let everything come to a boil and reduce heat to medium low. Cook for about 30 min with the lid on and serve once rice is cooked through.
That's leftover turkey rice soup recipe, Special thanks to Kellie Ro for making this delicious recipe.