Fri, 12 2019
Open Faced Roast Beef
It's easy to learn how to make roast beef . roast beef is one of my favorite menu.
How to make roast beef easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the roast beef ! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 2 lb Rare Deli Roast Beef (cheap is fine!)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 packages Mushrooms (whatever's on sale but they should be sliced and this is not a required ingredient)
- 4 envelope Low-sodium beef gravy mix
- 1 cup Beef broth, divided
- 1 tbsp Corn starch
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 1 as needed Potatoes (I make my own but instant is fine if you prefer)
- 1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- 5 lb Potatoes
- 1/2 cup Real butter (seriously, have you SEEN the ingredients in that supposed "healthy" crap?)
- 1 as needed Half-and-half, heavy cream or, I guess, milk
- 10 slice Bread, toasted
- Peel the potatoes as needed. If they're red potatoes you only need to remove the eyes.
- Cut into equal sized pieces and put in water to boil for mashed potatoes. As a general rule, for medium-sized chunks, it takes about 15 to 20 min for potatoes to be ready to mash.
- Add a little bit of beef broth (maybe a half cup or so) to the bottom of a large pot or Dutch oven. Maybe about a half-inch to cover the bottom.
- To the broth add your mushrooms and your onions.
- On top of this add your roast beef which is rare. Turn on low.
- As this warms up mixed together Beef broth, cornstarch, cumin, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir well. Put aside for later.
- Once the beef mushrooms and onions begin to get warm in the skillet or Dutch oven, turn up to a high heat, add the beef broth mixture and stir. This will thicken it.
- While this is heating up mix together the four envelopes of gravy mix. I use low-sodium because I don't like salt but if you like salt choose one that's just a regular one. I don't make my own gravy because I don't like all the fat content in it. (Tip: I use a small amount of water to create a paste, first, which eliminates lumps. Then I add the rest of the water as indicated on instructions)
- Let this mixture come to a boil and reduce down to low because everything is already cooked. Now all you're waiting for is the delicious potatoes to get done see you can mash them.
- The meat, mushrooms, and onions are already done as I said, so just keep them on low so they will stay warm. Make sure you don't let them stick to the bottom! Meanwhile prepare your mashed potatoes that you can serve with the mushroom gravy or brown gravy or whatever you've chosen to put in with your roast beef.
- Toast two pieces of bread per serving. Make sure to put the roast beef mushrooms and onions on top of the toasted bread. Seriously saturate that toady with gravy. Really.
That's roast beef recipes, Special thanks to Cristina D. Johnson for making this delicious recipe.