Sun, 12 2019
Easy Apple Cake Made In a Frying Pan
It's easy to learn how to make apple cake. apple cake is one of my favorite menu.
How to make apple cake easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the apple cake! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- Stewed apple
- 1 Apple
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 15 grams Butter
- Cake batter
- 100 grams Pancake mix
- 1/2 Egg
- 10 grams Sugar
- 80 ml Milk
- 5 grams Butter
- [Making the stewed apple] Step 1. Wash the apple well, remove the stem, and slice into 5 mm thick wedges.
- Step 2. Put the apple from Step 1, sugar, and butter into a frying pan and mix together, then turn on medium heat and cover with a lid (stir occasionally).
- Step 3. After 3 minutes, remove the lid and stir while cooking over medium-low heat. When the juice has boiled off, turn off the heat.
- Step 4. Arrange the stewed apple in the frying pan into a circle.
- ※ When you arrange the stewed apple slices in a circle, if you place them so the skin side of the pieces are facing outwards towards the sides of the frying pan, the skin will be visible when the cake is done.
- Put the pancake mix, egg, sugar, and milk into a bowl and mix with a whisk.
- Slice the butter and put into a heat resistant container, then cook for about 20 seconds in a microwave (600W) to melt. Add to the ingredients from Step 6 and mix together.
- Gently pour the batter from Step 7 on top of the stewed apple in the frying pan from Step 4. Cover with a lid, and cook on the lowest heat setting for 8-10 minutes while monitoring.
- Turn off the heat, and let the cake sit with the lid on for 5 minutes.
- Take off the lid, then separate the cake from the bottom of the pan with a rubber spatula or similar implement.
- Place a dish that's a bit larger then the frying pan over it, then invert them both together, removing the cake.
- ※ Sometimes there is still juice at the bottom of the frying pan, so be careful not to burn your hand.
- ※ The amount of time to completely cook this cake can vary depending on the type of frying pan used, its size, the amount of heat and strength of the flame, the distance between the pan and the heating element, etc.
- ※ If you use an induction heating cooker, the lowest heat setting may not cook it through, so please try increasing the cooking time. →
- → Or you can try cooking at a higher temperature (be careful not to burn the cake).
- ◆ Apple cake recipes using peeled apples https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/153218-pancake-mix-cinnamon-apple-cake-in-a-frying-pan https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/155063-apple-cake-made-with-pancake-mix-in-a-frying-pan-version-2 https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/155529-apple-cake-made-with-pancake-mix-in-a-frying-pan
- ◆ Apple cakes made in a rice cooker※ With cinnamon https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/149936-an-apple-cake-in-a-rice-cooker https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/154993-cinnamon-apple-cake-with-pancake-mix-in-rice-cooker
That's apple cake, Special thanks to cookpad.japan for making this delicious recipe.