Tue, 12 2019
Sig's German Bagel and Bretzel Stuffing
It's easy to learn how to make bundt pan stuffing recipe. bundt pan stuffing recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make bundt pan stuffing recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the bundt pan stuffing recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 450-500 grams bagels and/ or large bretzels in total weight
- 4 crusty rolls from day before
- 1 good handful of flatleaf parsley
- 1 tbsp dried wild garlic or 1 clove of garlic finely minced
- 1 large white onion
- 1/2 liter full fat milk
- 4 medium sized fresh eggs
- 6 leaves fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage (optional, to ta
- 1/2 crisp apple finely chopped up into small pieces
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg (optional)
- butter for sautéing the onions and herbs and the greasing of the
- 2 1/2 tbsp plain flour for dusting the baking tin
- 1/2 small crisp apple per person, cored and sliced and a little
- Use old bagels/bretzels (remove salt crystals from bretzels, if you bought salted ones) from the day before or leave them out to dry a little the night before. Cut all the breads into small cubes on the day of using them.
- Melt some butter and sauté chopped onions garlic, sage and parsley set aside to cool
- Simmer the milk and pour it over the Bagel chunks, leave to stand for an hour or so
- Mix well together making sure that it a not to dry. It should be similar to normal stuffing mix, add the very finely chopped apple pieces.
- Separate the egg yolk and egg white, add the yolks to the butter herb mix then add this to the Bagel that is soaked. Season with salt and pepper and a hint of nutmeg if you like
- Preheat oven you 175 °C
- Gently whisk the egg whites with a small pinch of salt and lift them under the mix
- You can either butter and dust with flour a medium to large bundt tin or gugelhupfform or use separate smaller serving tins like mini gugelhupf to spread the mix into bake if using a larger form for about 45 to 50 minutes or if using the small separate ones until set and golden brown
- If you want to use a different tin or ovenproof dish to bake your stuffing, you may have to adjust the cooking time, make sure that it cooked evenly through on all sides all the way as you would with a skewer just the same, just like you would with a cake.
- Core and cut an apple in halve so that it can serve two people, slice each half thinly and put into a small dish with a little butter and saute/roast in oven or pan for about 10 minutes or so.. Serve as a side to the stuffing.
- Insert a needle or skewer to test if it comes out clean. If it does the stuffing is cooked. If it does, turn over the tin and serve hot with the apples and the main meal.
That's bundt pan stuffing recipe, Special thanks to Sigrun for making this delicious recipe.