Wed, 12 2019
Miss Mimmy's Old Dutch Pot (fried cabbage)
It's easy to learn how to make easy red cabbage german . easy red cabbage german is one of my favorite menu.
How to make easy red cabbage german easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the easy red cabbage german ! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 5 slice of thick bacon (I like pepper bacon)
- 1 small head of cabbage
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- 1 packages smoked sausage
- 1 cup chicken broth
- fry bacon (preferably in a cast iron pan)
- while bacon is frying cut up cabbage into 1" slices. The core can be used for coleslaw or thrown away. cut potatoes into pieces. salt and pepper potatoes. add minced onion to potatoes and also mix with potatoes.
- once bacon is done, remove from skillet.
- put cabbage in and stir to make sure cabbage is covered with bacon drippings. wilt cabbage. should be on Med ...
- salt and light peppering of the cabbage.
- lay potatoes on top of cabbage.
- pour chicken broth over the cabbage mixture. cabbage makes a lot if liquid so 1/4 broth is plenty. turn down to Med/ low....
- cut up Sausage into bite size pieces and lay on top of potatoes ..my husband is spoiled cause you can lay large pieces of sausage on top!!!
- poke a whole into each Sausage link with a long fork.this is not necessary if you cut in bite size pieces...cover....
- let cook until potatoes are done. to check this poke potatoes with a fork.
- *** this was taught to me by a neighbor that I believe was of German decent.. She said that she and her husband worked and she would make this meal because it was fast and easy ... my husband and I bought the house next door.. she would be sitting in the porch and I would go over and sit with her for hours.. she was a wonderful cheerleader... she passed away 2 yrs ago... and though her name was Mary ... her family called her Mimmy and she asked that I do to... I loved her so much..
That's easy red cabbage german recipes, Special thanks to MsKipper for making this delicious recipe.