Sun, 12 2019
Taisen's Leftover Turkey Soup
It's easy to learn how to make leftover turkey soup recipe. leftover turkey soup recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make leftover turkey soup recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the leftover turkey soup recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1 leftover turkey ( you can add in the legs with bones or pull the meat off like I do )
- 2 cans green beans
- 2 cans carrots ( I used fresh carrots this time )
- 2 cans of peas
- 1 you can change any vegetable you want. you can add corn , lima beans . anything you like
- 2 to 3 large potatoes ( peeled and cut up )
- 1 bag of noodles ( any kind )
- 1 vegetable stock or turkey stock ( I use one box of vegetable stock , about 16 ounces , sometimes more. you can also use the bullion cubes and make your own )
- 1 left over turkey gravy ( my recipe for mine will follow after this and I will add it here )
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 salt to your taste
- 1 pepper to your taste
- 2 to 5 teaspoons of garlic powder ( to your taste, you can add more or use 1 to 2 cloves minced )
- 1 a few pinches of sage ( you can use basil or thyme as well )
- If you still have meat on the turkey , pull it off and put it into your crock pot. I already had mine off and into a dish that was in my fridge along with 2 legs. I pull the meat off the legs to go in but you can leave it on the bone and toss in.
- Pour in turkey or vegetable stock. Enough to cover the meat and vegetables. Turn crock pot on to medium heat. High heat if you want it faster. I let this sit on medium for 4 hours then go to low for another hour or two
- Add in all of your vegetables, onion and potatoes.
- Add in your seasonings. Stir.
- Add in your leftover turkey gravy. Stir. As you can see, there are clumps because I didn't warm it up which is fine, just mix it in well and as it warms up it will blend well https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/361137-taisens-turkey-gravy
- Cover the crock pot with lid. Cook for 4 to 8 hours depending on settings and how long you want it sitting. Stir every so often and check fluid level. Make sure everything is covered in liquid. I ended up transferring the soup to a large pot because my crock pot didn't have enough room .
- 30 to 40 minutes before serving, cook your pasta noodles. Drain them and add into the crock pot. Mix / stir well. Allow it to simmer for about 25 minutes. ( you can add the noodles in and cook them , but every time I try it doesn't turn out so I do it this way )
- Serve with warm buttered rolls or anything else . Enjoy !
That's leftover turkey soup recipe, Special thanks to taisen76 for making this delicious recipe.