Wed, 12 2019
Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
It's easy to learn how to make weeknight dinner ideas. weeknight dinner ideas is one of my favorite menu.
How to make weeknight dinner ideas easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the weeknight dinner ideas! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- Crock Pot Chicken
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 4 breasts (2 lbs)
- 1 dash salt and pepper to taste
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 packages instant rice (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds (or more)
- 3 large green onions or scallions
- Place chicken in crock pot and lightly season both sides with salt and pepper
- In medium bowl, combine onion, garlic, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, oil, and red pepper flakes. Pour over chicken. Cook on low 3-4 hours low or 2 hours on high.
- Remove chicken to cutting board, leaving sauce. Shred chicken into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- Prepare rice according to instructions on package.
- In small bowl, dissolve 4 teaspoons cornstarch in 1/3 cup water and add to crock pot sauce. Stir in to combine with sauce. Cover and cook in crock pot on high for ten more minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Add cooked rice to four plates, top with chicken and spoon sauce over the top. Sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds and green onions/scallions.
That's weeknight dinner ideas, Special thanks to Andrea1971 for making this delicious recipe.