Sun, 12 2019
Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap crust & Praline Caramel topping
It's easy to learn how to make cheesecake pie recipe. cheesecake pie recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make cheesecake pie recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the cheesecake pie recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- Ginger crust
- 2 cup Gingersnap cookies (crushed) - abt. 40 cookies
- 1/2 cup Butter, unsalted (1 stick), melted
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- Pumpkin filling
- 3 (8 oz.) Cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 1/3 cup Sugar
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 (15 oz.) Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground Ginger
- Praline topping
- 1 cup Pecans
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Butter (unsalted)
- Crush your gingersnaps ahead of time so you can make crust quicker. Crush cookies and mix with other crust dry ingredients, seal tightly and set aside until ready to use.
- TO MAKE CRUST: Line the bottom of a 9 or 10 - inch springfoam pan with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray. In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter with the crushed gingersnaps, sugar and cinnamon. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan, working some of it up the sides, if desired.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- TO MAKE FILLING: Using a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl on medium-high speed about 1 minute, until fluffy. Add sugar and beat until smooth, about 1 minute. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on medium-high speed for 20 seconds after each addition. Add vanilla, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger; beat on medium speed about 1 minute, until incorporated.
- Pour the filling over crust. Tear off a large sheet of foil and place the springfoam pan in the center, carefully folding up the sides. This prevents the waterbath (waterbaths prevent cracks) from seeping into your cheesecake and making the crust soggy. Put the wrapped pan into a larger baking pan and set it on the center rack of the oven. Pour enough boiling water into the larger pan to reach halfway up the sides of the springfoam pan (this is a waterbath).
- Bake about 1 hour, until the filling is set and golden brown on top. It should barely jiggle when the pan is gently slid. Cool the cheesecake on a rack about 30 minutes, then remove from waterbath and chill for several hours or overnight. Remove the cheesecake from the springfoam pan and set it on a large serving plate. Make sure the plate is big enough to hold any of the praline sauce that drips over the top.
- TO MAKE PRALINE TOPPING: Prevent the oven to 350°F.
- Arrange the pecans in a single layer and toast them for 7-9 minutes, until golden brown and aromatic. Coarsely chop the nuts. Stir together the brown sugar, cream and butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Boil the mixture for about 1 1/2 minutes, adjusting the heat to make sure it does not boil over. DO NOT STIR. Remove the pan from heat and stir in vanilla, salt and pecans.
- Cool the topping at least 15 minutes before pouring over the top of the chilled cheesecake.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve. The cheesecake will keep, well wrapped in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- Recipe from: thepastrycase.com
That's cheesecake pie recipe, Special thanks to irishlad for making this delicious recipe.