Sat, 12 2019
Birmingham Balti Chicken Curry
It's easy to learn how to make chicken curry. chicken curry is one of my favorite menu.
How to make chicken curry easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the chicken curry! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 300 g Chicken breast, diced
- 2 Onions
- 6 Garlic cloves
- 80 g Fresh ginger
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Green pepper
- 400 g Canned tomatoes
- 1 Large tomato, fresh
- 400 ml Water
- 8 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 Eggs, hard boiled
- * [ spice bag ]
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 1 Star anise
- 2 small Cloves
- 3 Pieces mace
- 3 Green cardamom pods
- ** [ spice mix ]
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 3 tsp Turmeric
- 2 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 2 tsp Fenugreek leaves, dried and chopped
- There's a lot of ingredients to this recipe. The key is to prepare and measure before so you can cook more simply. Make sure to mix the spices marked ** [ spice mix ] in a bowl well
- Place the * [ spice bag ] in some gauze netting or loose leaf tea back like I did here and tie/close firmly.
- Roughly chop 1 onion and the 2 peppers and cook in 200ml water. Toss in your spice bag as well as HALF of your cilantro. Move on with the recipe and come back to this in 30 minutes.
- Add 6 cloves garlic and a similar amount of ginger to your processor along with 1 tbsp of water and cut down to a paste. (you can use garlic and ginger paste instead)
- Put 3 tbsp oil in a pan on a high heat and add HALF your garlic and ginger mix. Cook until browned
- Remove the browned ginger and garlic from the heat and mix in HALF of your ** [spice mix] well.
- Return to the heat and add HALF (200g) of your canned tomatoes, Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Go back to your pot from step 3 having left it bubbling for 30 mins, remove the spice bag and then pour into your pan of tomatoes. Simmer for 5 more minutes
- After allowing the mixture to cool a little, pour it into your food processor and pulse a few times and set aside. This is your Balti sauce!!
- In a fresh pan, brown the rest of your garlic and ginger mix in some oil, add the remaining half of ** [spice mix] and after a minute, 200g of canned tomatoes.
- After about 3 minutes, throw in your diced up chicken pieces
- And cook on a medium heat until the chicken is just cooked through. About 3 minutes should do it.
- Next, add about 2 ladles of your pureed sauce to the chicken pan and cook for a few more minutes
- Lastly, add some chopped fresh tomato, cilantro (and optionally a boiled egg in each serving as I did here).
- Serve over fresh rice and or naan bread and enjoy!
That's chicken curry, Special thanks to Miles for making this delicious recipe.