Sat, 12 2019
Sous Vide Whole Turkey
It's easy to learn how to make christmas turkey . christmas turkey is one of my favorite menu.
How to make christmas turkey easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the christmas turkey ! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1 8-10 lb turkey
- 64 oz chicken broth
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 4 each chicken breasts, skin off
- 1 extra large sous vide pouch
- 1 salt
- 1 pepper
- 1 olive oil
- Set the circulator at 85 C / 185°F.
- Begin with a fresh or completely thawed turkey. Rinse the turkey, drain all the juices, remove all insides, and set aside the neck piece. Also be sure to remove any thermometers that might have come with your turkey; it could puncture the pouch during cooking.
- Cover the turkey with plastic wrap and place in the fridge while you make the jus.
- Slice the chicken breasts and turkey neck into smaller pieces. Sauté the chicken and turkey neck in a stock pot with a little bit of oil over medium heat.
- Once browned, add the 2 boxes of chicken stock and two whole sprigs of rosemary. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low.
- Skim the foam from the surface of the liquid and let simmer for 1 hour to reduce and thicken the broth.
- After an hour has passed, strain the liquid and chill in the fridge. The chicken and turkey pieces can be thrown away now unless you want to use them for another dish.
- Season the turkey with salt and pepper. Cover both the leg and neck bones with foil so they don’t puncture the pouch.
- Place the turkey within the sous vide pouch, neck side down.
- Pour the chilled jus into the empty cavity. Insert two sprigs of thyme into the cavity with the jus and the other two sprigs of rosemary on the top side of the turkey in the pouch.
- Vacuum seal on high and be sure to check for leakage. Repeat vacuum seal process with a fresh pouch if necessary.
- Place the turkey in the water bath for 1 hour at 85 C / 185°F.
- After one hour, lower the water bath temperature to 76 C / 168°F and cook the turkey for another 5 hours.
- Once the 5 hours is complete, remove the pouch from the water bath and let rest at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Next, submerge the pouch in cold water for another 30 minutes. The kitchen sink will work fine. Lastly, place the pouch in the fridge to chill overnight.
- The next morning or afternoon, preheat your conventional oven to bake at 176 C / 350°F.
- Remove the turkey from the pouch and move to a roasting pan with a raised grill. Set all liquid aside.
- Roast the turkey within the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes until the skin is golden.
- Use the set aside liquid from the pouch to make a savory gravy. Reheat in a sauce pan over medium heat, and simmer until desired thickness.
That's christmas turkey recipes, Special thanks to ChefBrunoBertin for making this delicious recipe.