Mon, 12 2019
Super Easy Springy Pudding with Agar
It's easy to learn how to make easy steamed pudding recipe. easy steamed pudding recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make easy steamed pudding recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the easy steamed pudding recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 2 Eggs
- 400 ml Milk
- 10 grams Sugar
- 5 grams Agar
- 10 grams each Condensed milk, maple syrup, butter
- 1 few drops Vanilla extract
- ♪ Caramelized Sugar ♪
- 100 grams Sugar
- 50 ml Water
- 50 ml Boiling water
- 20 grams Butter
- 80 grams Maple syrup
- I noted originally to use 4 go of agar, but I have heard from a few people that it was not enough to harden the pudding. So I revised it to 5 g.
- Make the caramelized sugar. In a sauce pan over high heat, boil the sugar and water down without stirring until it browns. The color of the sugar should become something close to these photos.
- Once it starts to smoke, bubbles form and the liquid becomes brown, remove from heat. Move the sauce pan over the sink and pour boiling water. It will splash, so be careful!
- When it is still hot, add the butter and maple syrup then mix it well with a wooden spatula. Now the caramelized sugar is done.
- In a pan, combine the agar and sugar with a wire whisk and mix well. Once it is mixed, add the milk and mix some more. Warning: Do not heat it yet.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, condensed milk and maple syrup. When it is well mixed, strain through a colander and pour it into a pan. This is the first step in making the pudding rich and sweet.
- Warm the milk mixture over low heat and mix it slowly with a wooden spatula. It takes about 5 minutes to warm up. Warning: the heat must be low!!
- When the mixture starts to form a film on the spatula or the side of the pan and it starts to steam, mix it for another 30 seconds then remove from the heat. Add the butter and vanilla extract. This is the second step in making the pudding rich and sweet.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of caramelized sugar in the pudding mold followed by the pudding mixture. Chill the pudding completely in the refrigerator and enjoy.
- I have tried so many times to make a pudding that has the same taste and look of Putchin Pudding, and finally succeeded.
- Can you see the jiggly texture? After many tries, I recreated “Putchin Pudding.” If you are a Putchin fan, give it a try.
That's easy steamed pudding recipe, Special thanks to cookpad.japan for making this delicious recipe.