Thu, 12 2019
Deep Dish Double Crust Caramel Apple Pie
It's easy to learn how to make pastry recipe for double crust pie. pastry recipe for double crust pie is one of my favorite menu.
How to make pastry recipe for double crust pie easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the pastry recipe for double crust pie! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 can apple pie filling
- 1/3 jar caramel topping
- 1 tbsp milk or cream - for top crust
- sugar and cinnamon - for bottom crust
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Allow pie crusts to warm to room temp while oven is heating.
- Gently unroll one crust into ungreased pie dish (glass is best). Sprinkle bottom of crust with cinnamon and sugar (this helps the bottom crust brown/crisp better)
- Fill pie crust with 2 cans apple pie filling or as much as you can fit evenly into the crust.
- Spoon caramel by small spoonfuls over top of filling. Don't use too much or the pie will be runny and the caramel will overpower the apples.
- Gently unroll remaining crust over top of filling. Trim excess dough and crimp the edges of the two crusts together with your fingers. Cut three steam slits in top crust.
- Brush cream/milk liberally over top crust - a milk wash will give you a beautifully browned crust.
- Bake pie for 50-55 minutes, covering edges of crust with foil the last 20-25 minutes to prevent over browning. Let pie rest one hour before serving - best served warm with vanilla bean ice cream.
That's pastry recipe for double crust pie, Special thanks to therealmrsc for making this delicious recipe.