Sat, 12 2019
Easy Christmas Stollen in a Bread Maker
It's easy to learn how to make stollen without yeast. stollen without yeast is one of my favorite menu.
How to make stollen without yeast easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the stollen without yeast! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 200 grams Strong bread flour
- 6 grams Yeast
- 24 grams Sugar
- 2 grams Salt
- 50 grams Butter
- 120 grams 1 egg + milk
- 80 grams ☆Fruits preserved in rum
- 20 grams ☆Sliced almonds
- 20 grams ☆Walnuts
- For garnishing:
- 1 Brandy
- 1 Melted butter
- 1 Apricot jam
- 1 Sliced almonds
- 1 Powdered sugar
- Bring butter and egg to room temperature. Warm milk to body temperature. Drain the preserved fruits. Roast all nuts slightly.
- Put all ingredients except for ones marked with ☆ into the bread maker. Switch on the dough setting.
- Add ☆ ingredients at the mix signal, or directly through the slot. If you're worried about the amount it crushes, mix in using your hands after the dough is finished kneading.
- Set aside for 60 minutes for the first rising. Divide into two portions and form into balls again. Face the closed ends down, and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Flip the dough over, and roll it out into a flat oval shape.
- Fold the near end until it's a bit further away than the center.
- Fold the other end and let it slightly overlap in the center. Press it down lightly.
- Close both ends in the center. Make sure to close the sides as well.
- Flip it over, so that the folded end faces down. Shape the dough. An alternative for steps 5 to 9 is to fold it in a slightly tilted half after it's rolled out with a rolling pin.
- Rise for 40 minutes. Bake in 150°C/302°F oven for 10 minutes, then 180°C/356°F for 18 minutes.
- When it's baked, brush on some brandy, melted butter, and apricot jam immediately and in order.
- Top with sliced almonds. When it's cooled down completely, sprinkle on some powdered sugar.
- Wrap up tightly with plastic wrap. You could serve immediately, but the taste improves after 2 or 3 days. Good for a whole month.
- Tie a ribbon around it for a nice gift!
That's stollen without yeast, Special thanks to cookpad.japan for making this delicious recipe.