Sun, 01 2020
Polish Poppy Seed Cake
It's easy to learn how to make blue christmas cakes. blue christmas cakes is one of my favorite menu.
How to make blue christmas cakes easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the blue christmas cakes! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- For the dough:
- 125 grams Bread (strong) flour
- 125 grams All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Instant dry yeast
- 50 grams Sugar
- 60 ml Milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 50 grams Butter
- 30 grams Sour cream
- 1 Egg
- 1 few drops Vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp Grated lemon peel
- For the filling:
- 80 grams Blue poppy seeds
- 100 ml Milk
- 25 grams Butter
- 40 grams Honey
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped orange peel (candied)
- 40 grams Finely chopped raisins
- 1/2 Egg
- 25 grams Sugar
- 15 ml Brandy
- Place the dough ingredients into the bread maker and set it on the "dough-making course." While that's working, prepare the filling.
- Blue poppy seeds are hard to find in stores, so I ordered them from "Amika" (a local restaurant ingredient import store).
- Wash the poppy seeds and place them in a colander to drain. Place the poppy seeds and the milk into a pot and cook off the liquid.
- Grind the boiled poppy seeds with a mortar and pestle.
- Return Step 4 to the pot and reduce the heat to low. Add the butter, honey, orange peel, raisins, and sugar, and mix it all together.
- Beat the egg well and add to Step 5. Mix until it becomes a paste. Lastly, add the brandy.
- Remove the dough from the bread maker and place it on a plate. Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the dough on a work surface dusted with flour, and use a rolling pin to roll it out into a rectangle.
- Spread the filling on top as shown.
- Roll it up from one of the long edges. Seal both ends so that the filling doesn't spill out.
- Bake in the oven.
- Once baked, let it cool. While still warm, cover with aluminum foil as shown. This will help it remain moist.
- Once it has cooled completely, coat completely with icing and it's done.
That's blue christmas cakes, Special thanks to cookpad.japan for making this delicious recipe.