Tue, 01 2020
Homemade Vegetarian Chickpea and Kidney Bean Chili
It's easy to learn how to make chilli recipe with beans. chilli recipe with beans is one of my favorite menu.
How to make chilli recipe with beans easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the chilli recipe with beans! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 115 g dry chickpeas/garbanzo beans, soaked overnight (or 1 can cooked)
- 115 g dry kidney beans, soaked overnight (or 1 can cooked)
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 green bell pepper (or other color is okay)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn (240 ml, optional)
- 1 can whole tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato juice (240 ml)
- 1 Tbsp chili powder, more to taste
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano (or some fresh)
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- to taste salt & pepper
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, fresh cilantro, sour cream/plain yogurt
- If using dry beans, soak them overnight in plenty of water. Before cooking, chop up the onion, garlic, green pepper and celery.
- Heat oil in a large pot and sauté the onions and garlic until soft and transparent.
- Add the other green pepper, celery and dry spices. Sauté a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add can of tomatoes and break up into smaller chunks.
- Add beans, corn (optional) and tomato juice and stir. Add a little water, if needed, to cover all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, turn to low and cover with lid. Let simmer for about 1 hour if using canned beans. And up to 1.5 to 2 hours if using dry beans or until they are soft. Check occasionally to stir and add water if too low.
- Once beans are desired softness, taste and adjust the spices and salt if needed. If too acidic from the tomatoes, add a teaspoon or so of sugar to mellow it out. Serve into bowls and top with your favorite toppings!
That's chilli recipe with beans, Special thanks to Felice for making this delicious recipe.