Sun, 01 2020
Cream Cheese Mousse & Chocolate Mousse Cake
It's easy to learn how to make chocolate mousse cake. chocolate mousse cake is one of my favorite menu.
How to make chocolate mousse cake easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the chocolate mousse cake! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 125 g Choco Ripple Biscuits OR sweet biscuits of your choice
- 50 g Butter (or Coconut Oil) *melted
- 125 g Cream Cheese *softened
- 1 tablespoon Lemmon Juice
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2-3 tablespoons Caster Sugar
- 1/4 cup Thickened Cream *whipped
- 2 teaspoons (6 g) Gelatin
- 2 tablespoons Boiling Water
- 2 Egg Whites *whipped
- 200 g Dark Chocolate *chopped
- 300 ml Cream *whipped
- 1 tablespoon Rum or your favourite liquor *optional
- Cocoa Powder
- Line a springform cake tin base and sides with baking paper.
- Process Choco Ripple Biscuits until mixture crumbled to fine crumbs. Mix with melted butter for the base and press into the prepared tin. Refrigerate while you are making ‘Cream Cheese Mousse’.
- Sprinkle Gelatine over Boiling Water in a small bowl and whisk until gelatine is dissolved.
- Prepare 3 separate bowls. Bowl 1: Egg White, Bowl 2: Egg Yolks & Caster Sugar, Bowl 3 (large bowl): Soften Cream Cheese
- Use an electric mixer or a hand whisk to whisk the Egg Whites (Bowl 1) until soft peaks form. Using the same mixer, beat Egg Yolks & Caster Sugar (Bowl 2) until pale and thick, add Cream and whip well.
- Add Lemon Juice to the softened Cream Cheese (Bowl 3), mix using the same mixer until smooth. Then add Egg Yolk mixture, keep mixing.
- Gradually add Gelatine until well combined.
- Finally fold in whipped Egg Whites and combine well. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tine. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, while you are washing bowls and making ‘Chocolate Mousse’.
- To make ‘Chocolate Mousse’, you need a heatproof bowl and another bowl. Bowl 1 (heatproof): Chocolate, Bowl 2: Cream
- Place Chocolate in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Fold the whipped Cream and the liquor into the Chocolate and mix well. Pour the Chocolate mixture over the Cream Cheese Mousse. Smooth the surface, cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Dust with Cocoa Powder and serve.
That's chocolate mousse cake, Special thanks to Hiroko Liston for making this delicious recipe.