Tue, 01 2020
Chocolate Cakes with Cherry Cream Filling
It's easy to learn how to make christmas cake designs. christmas cake designs is one of my favorite menu.
How to make christmas cake designs easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the christmas cake designs! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 1 1/4 cup hot coffee
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- CHERRY CREAM FILLING
- 1 3 ounce box of cherry jello
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 1/4 cup neavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp maraschino cherry juice, from the jar of cherries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- WHITE CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- 16 oz chopped good quality white chocolate
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRIES
- maraschino cherrys. You will need 6 if making tiered cakes. You will need 18 for cupcakes
- 4 to 6 ounces semi sweet hocolate, chopped of chips. Use the 4 ounces,for the tiered cakes. Use 6 ounces for the cupcakes
- 1/2 cup colored sprinkles for cupcakes
- pink ecorating icing
- 1 3/4 oz pearl,decorating candies
- MAKE CAKES
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray cake molds with non stick spray. I used the tiered molds shown below. I also made large cupcakes with this recipe. It will make 18 large cupcakes if you prefer them. Line cupcake tins with foil or paper liners.
- In a medium bowl whisk coffee and cocoa powder until smooth
- In another bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda
- In a third large bowl beat eggs and sugar until smooth and light
- Add flour all at once, stir just until combined , stir in sour cream then oil until combined. Finally add coffee/cocoa mixture and stir until smooth
- Fill tiered cake molds to bottom of top tier. For cupcakes fill cups 2/3 full
- Bake about 22 to 26 minutes for tiered cakes until a long skewer comes out clean. Cook cupcakes 22 to 24 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Rotate pans of both cakes for even cooking halfway through
- Cool tiered cakes completely in pans before turning out. Cool.cupcakes 10 minutes then cool on wire racks
- MAKE CHERRY CREAM FILLING
- Dissolve jello in boiling water, add cherry juice. Cool to room temperature, do not let it set up
- Meanwhile whip cream to soft peaks, add vanilla, beat until.firm peaks
- Beat in room temperature gelatin, refrigerate while preparing cakes
- For tired cakes cut a long come in bottom of cake, resting cake upside down in a small glass.
- Pipe or spoon filling into cake cover with cut cake pieces. Chill overnight in glass to set filling.
- For cupcakes, cut a cone of cake from the top.center
- Pipe or spoon filIng into cupcake, cover with cut cake piece and chill overnight
- MAKE GLAZE
- Have chopped chocolate in large bowl. Heat chocolate in microwave or stovetop until just hot, pour over chocolate let sit ·1 minute then stir until smooth. Let cool to thicken slightly about 1 hour. It should still be able to.pour
- Ladle over tiered cakes to cover ,chill until set
- Spoon glaze on top of cupcakes and add sprinkles to them now while glaze is not set so they stick.
- MAKE CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRIES
- Dry cheerys with paper towels.
- Dip each cherry in chocolate, place on foil lined plate and chill until set
- Decorate tiered cakes with decorators icing and pearl candy. Top with chocolate covered cherry
- Top cupcakes with chocolate covered cherrys ( the sprinkles were added with wet glaze )
- Keep in refrigerator
That's christmas cake designs, Special thanks to fenway for making this delicious recipe.