Wed, 01 2020
Chicken curry with quinoa (gluten free)
It's easy to learn how to make chicken curry recipe. chicken curry recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make chicken curry recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the chicken curry recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 600 g chicken breasts (or turkey breasts)
- 250 g quinoa (white, red, or mix)
- 1 can tomato puree (approx. 300ml)
- 200 ml heavy cream (or coconut milk)
- 3 onions
- 2 leeks
- 4 carrots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 chilli pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 spoons coriander seeds (aka cilantro seeds)
- 2 spoons garam masala mixture
- 2 spoons salt
- 2 spoons sugar (coco flower sugar preferably)
- 8 spoons olive oil
- 2 spoons fresh or dried cilantro
- Prepare your ingredients for the kari. If possible, use whole spices and grind them using mortar and pestle. This gives more flavor to your dish compared to the already grinded spices. In the end, all spices used must be grinded into powder either way.
- Prepare your ingredients for the quinoa side dish.
- Start with quinoa. I've used one cup of quinoa, which equals to almost 250g.
- Unless properly washed, quinoa can be bitter after cooking. To avoid this, wash it properly with a boiling water -- I needed approx. 1 liter.
- Add washed quinoa into a pot and add 2.5x more water than the volume of quinoa. I've used 1 pot of quinoa, hence 2.5 pots of cold water.
- Add the heat until the water in the pot starts boiling. Then turn down the heat and let the water to simmer. It takes 15-20 minutes.
- While quinoa cooks, prepare the main dish. Cut the meat (I've used turkey breasts) into small cubes (size of the thumb).
- Cut the onions into small pieces.
- Cut the carrots into the julienne-like slices. You could also use other veggies, such as zucchini, eggplant, spring onions, bell peppers... The key thing to bear in mind is that you add veggies *at the end* of the process only to heat them up and make them smoother. You don't want them to be overcooked without that "crispiness". :-) Garlic and the chilli pepper are the only ones you add before since they give additional taste to the dish.
- Cut the leeks, chilli pepper and garlic into slices.
- Add olive oil and the spices into the pan, mix all together and heat it up.
- Heat the mixture for 1 minute. Soon, the spices will start to form small bubbles in the olive oil.
- Add onions into the spicy olive oil and saute for 3-5 minutes until onions diminish in size.
- Add cubes of meat, mix it with the spicy onion and olive oil and saute it for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add 1 sliced pepper and 4 cloves of garlic. Mix together.
- Add 1 can tomato puree and mix together.
- Add 2 spoons of sugar -- I've used the coconut flower sugar.
- Add sliced leeks and cut carrots and mix well together.
- Add heavy cream and mix well together.
- Bring the mixture to boil and then turn off the heat.
- Serve your wonderful dish. If possible, sprinkle with fresh or dried cilantro. :-) To make smoother, add a slice of
That's chicken curry recipe, Special thanks to veveru for making this delicious recipe.