Thu, 01 2020
Jamaican brown stewed chicken
It's easy to learn how to make chicken stew recipe. chicken stew recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make chicken stew recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the chicken stew recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1/2 cup oil for frying chicken
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 sprig thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1/2 tsp pepper sauce (I like crushed scotch bonnet)
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 2 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 tbsp Jamaican pickapeppa sauce (browning sauce)
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground all spice
- to taste Salt and pepper
- 1 roughly chopped carrot
- chicken marinade
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup oil (for frying chicken)
- 3 lb chicken
- Marinade the chicken using ingredients above for 1 hour or over night
- Remove chicken from marinade and fry in Dutch oven in 1/2 cup oil until browned on both sides. (Then remove chicken, it will cook through after in the gravy)
- Remove 1/2 the oil (leaving half in the Dutch oven) and cook the onions, carrots and pepper until onions are translucent.
- Add the thyme, pepper sauce, pickapeppa sauce and ketchup and all other spices. Mix.. Then add the 2 cups water.
- Place chicken back in the pot and move around so that the gravy is surrounding the chicken.
- Let simmer for 30 min or until chicken cooked through
- Serve with rice and peas... or white rice and salad/or coleslaw. I love fried plantains with this as well.
That's chicken stew recipe, Special thanks to Kellie Ro for making this delicious recipe.