Fri, 01 2020
It's easy to learn how to make curry oxtail recipe. curry oxtail recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make curry oxtail recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the curry oxtail recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 3 lb oxtail
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- 3 tbsp jamaican curry
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 cup water
- 1 can butter beans (lima beans) you can use white kidney beans too
- 4 tbsp shredded carrot
- 2 clove garlic chopped
- 2 onions sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp hot pepper sauce ( scotch bonnet sauce )
- 1 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- Wash the ox tail in some water and then drain and add it to a large bowl that has a lid
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil 2 tbsp of curry powder the chopped garlic salt and pepper to the ox tail and massage it in the meat
- Add the slice onions on top and cover for at least a few hours before cooking ..I myself leave over night
- Take a deep frying pan and add 2 tbs oil and wait till it heats up and brown the ox tail removing the onions first
- Once the ox tail is nicely browned add 1 cup of water thyme onions hot sauce ketchup worcestershire sauce and mix all together and cook 4-6 minutes
- Add the ox tail and sauce mixture to a pressure cooker with 2 cups of water 1 tbs of curry and mix once again cover and pressure cook for 40 minutes ( I always start my pressure cooker on high heat until it starts to build its pressure and make noise then turn it down to medium heat and time it for 40 minutes )
- Once the time is up wait for your pressure to go down before opening ( I just put the pot under some cold water for a minute ) then continue cooking adding the coconut milk shredded carrots and lima beans with the lid off until your liquid becomes more like gravy and serve over white rice
- (tip)>> you can always add a pinch of garlic powder and sprinkle salt n pepper for a little more kick even more hot sauce if you like it more Spicey but keep in mind the more it sits the more the hot sauce will come out in it so careful !
That's curry oxtail recipe, Special thanks to shawntae for making this delicious recipe.