Wed, 01 2020
It's easy to learn how to make guinness stout stew recipe. guinness stout stew recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make guinness stout stew recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the guinness stout stew recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 3 lb Lean beef or lamb stew meat
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 3 large Onions, chopped
- 6 Large carrotts, chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 2 Bottles of extra stout guinness bear
- 7 cup Beef stock, unsalted if available
- 3 tbsp Molasses
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 tbsp Fresh thyme, chopped fine
- 1 Large container of fresh mushrooms or 2 small containers
- 1 Instant mashed potatoes or homemade mash
- Salt and pepper
- Working in 3 separate batches, coat the stew meat with flour, salt and pepper. Add 1tbls of oil to a very large dutch oven and brown beef on all sides. Remove beef from pot.
- Add 1/2 tbls to pot after u have cooked all the beef and add onions, carrots and garlic. Cook on med heat for approximately 8 minutes or until the onions are looking translucent. Remove mixture from pot.
- Add 1 bottle of Guinness, de-glazing the bottom of the pan and scraping up all that yummy goodness.
- Add seared beef, onion and carrot mixture back to the pot. Pour in the last Guinness and beef broth.
- Add mushrooms, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves and thyme. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until beef is fork tender.
- Add a scoop of instant mashed potatoes or your own mashed potatoes to a bowl, cover with Guinness stew and enjoy. The potatoes are not necessary but do add a wonderful creamy texture. Enjoy!
That's guinness stout stew recipe, Special thanks to Jennifer Leese for making this delicious recipe.