Tue, 01 2020
taisen's spinach lasagna
It's easy to learn how to make spinach lasagna recipe. spinach lasagna recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make spinach lasagna recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the spinach lasagna recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1 box of lasagna noodles
- 1 to 2 pounds of hamburger
- 1 garlic powder to your taste
- 1 fresh basil and oregano or italian seasoning to taste
- 1 medium to large onion ( you can omit this )
- 1 packages of fresh Portobello mushrooms or canned is fine. you may omit this also
- 1 butter
- 1 pepper
- 1 salt if desired
- 2 large cans of tomato sauce or you can use spaghetti sauce. ( any kind )
- 1 can of tomato paste to thicken the sauce
- 1 small curd cottage cheese. I use low fat and the big tub of it
- 1 parmesan cheese
- 1 eggs ( if you use a small 16 ounce cottage cheese you will only need one egg )
- 1 packages of fresh baby spinach
- 1 mozzarella cheese
- fry the hamburger in a skillet with Italian seasoning or fresh basil and oregano. add a few touches of garlic if desired. cook until no longer pink.
- drain the grease and place the hamburger into a bowl. mix in tomato sauce. dont make it runny. you want this thick. mix and if it is thin or runny add tomato paste to thicken it. TASTE . if it needs more seasoning add more.
- if using mushroom and onion slice the mushrooms and cut up the onion
- fry the onion and mushroom in butter and some garlic or Italian seasoning. you can add both. dont over season. add mushroom first cook for about 10 minutes then add onion in. cook until they are translucent. you can also leave out the onion from frying if you like them more raw. dont forget you will be baking this soon
- put the onion and mushroom mix in a bowl. if there is extra butter drain it
- start boiling water in a pot to cook the noodles. when cooking these we do only a few at a time. dont add the whole box.
- finished noodles. put them in cold water so they don't stick together.
- in another bowl mix cottage cheese with egg and parmesan cheese. you want this kind of thick not runny
- rinse spinach with water. cut off stems if you like and put them in a bowl
- pre heat oven to 350
- get a casserole dish . add a small amount of sauce to cover the bottom. you dont want the noodles to stick or burn to the bottom
- layers : I start with noodles first. hamburger mix next. cottage cheese mix. onion and mushroom mix. spinach. mozzarella cheese. repeat until your dish is almost full.
- the last layer should be noodles. then sauce on top of them. you can sprinkle basil , oregano or italian seasoning also. cover and bake for 30 to 50 minutes. get it hot.
- pull it out. uncover it and put extra mozzarella cheese on top.
- bake until the top cheese is melted
- let it stand for at least 10 to 20 minutes. cut and serve. enjoy with a side salad or butter bread
That's spinach lasagna recipe, Special thanks to taisen76 for making this delicious recipe.