Tue, 01 2020
Strawberry Provolone Grilled Cheese Sandwiches - VegetarianCook time : 30 mins, 4 servings
It's easy to learn how to make vegetarian spread for sandwiches. vegetarian spread for sandwiches is one of my favorite menu.
How to make vegetarian spread for sandwiches easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the vegetarian spread for sandwiches! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- Strawberry Filling
- 20 strawberries, medium
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 8 slice multigrain bread
- 8 slice provolone cheese, sliced thin
- 1 whipped butter
- This is a fun twist on a classic comfort food. The recipe is appropriate for lacto-vegetarians.
- Mash 4 strawberries through a strainer, collecting juice and pulp. Discard seeds.
- Add lemon juice and honey. Stir until blended.
- Slice remaining strawberries with a thin cut so they can be spread easily on the sandwich.
- Add strawberry slices to the mixture and ensure they are well coated. Cover and put in refrigerator. Allow time to soak in the juices. When you are ready to cook, drain the excess juices.
- Spread whipped butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place bread butter side down in a warm non-stick pan. Add provolone slice, then spread the strawberry mixture on the cheese. Place the other slice of cheese over the strawberries and slice of bread, butter side up on the top.
- Raise the heat a bit and cook until the cheese is melting and the bottom has achieved a crispy browned texture. If you use a darker bread, watch this carefully it may be more difficult to detect.
- Flip the sandwiches and cook until the other side achieves the same crispy appearance.
- Cut the sandwich in half and serve.
- This can be made with other cheeses or breads. Be sure to choose a cheese that melts well.
That's vegetarian spread recipes for sandwiches, Special thanks to bluberry for making this delicious recipe.