Fri, 01 2020
Best ever Scottish shortbread
It's easy to learn how to make easy scottish shortbread recipe. easy scottish shortbread recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make easy scottish shortbread recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the easy scottish shortbread recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 12 oz Plain flour
- 8 oz Slightly salted butter
- 4 oz Caster sugar
- Line a baking tray with parchment and turn the oven on to gas mark 3 low.
- Add the plain flour and chopped butter to a large mixing bowl.
- Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the caster sugar and carry on rubbing in until thoroughly dispersed in the mixture.
- When the mixture starts to stick together, knead until it forms a nice pliable dough.
- Knead into a square block.
- Shape into a square slab on a chopping board.
- If following my quantities as listed above, cut the slab into four, but if doubling the ingredients enough to make 64 biscuits shape into a rectangle and cut into eight pieces as shown in the picture here.
- Take each piece in turn and roll into a sausage shape.
- Cut with a sharp knife into eight circles.
- Place each biscuit carefully onto the baking tray spaced to allow for spreading during cooking. Prick each biscuit three times with a fork.
- Place on the middle shelf of the oven on a low setting and cook the biscuits for about 35 to 40 minutes. Do not let them get too dark in color, they should be a very pale color when done.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool down a bit before taking them off the tray as they will be too soft and break.
- Cool them on a wire rack.
- When cooled dip each shortbread biscuit into a bowl of caster sugar and shake off the excess sugar.
- These biscuits store well in a tin.
That's easy scottish shortbread recipe, Special thanks to Caroline Adams Franks for making this delicious recipe.