Thu, 01 2020
Christstollen/German christmas fruit cake
It's easy to learn how to make english christmas fruit cake recipe. english christmas fruit cake recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make english christmas fruit cake recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the english christmas fruit cake recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 500 gr all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 150 gr butter
- 100 g sugar
- 150 ml milk
- 7 gr / 1 pack dry yeast
- 120 gr raisin (soaked in rum)
- 50 gr zitronat / dried lemon
- 50 gr orangeat / dried orange
- 100 gr chopped almond
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp clove powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamon powder
- 50 gr melted butter
- Powder sugar
- Warm the milk for 1 minute and add 1 tsp sugar. Add the dry yeast into the warm milk to activate it. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add flour, butter, egg, sugar. Mix it with low speed kitchen machine.
- Slowly add the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Let it knead for 10 - 15 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Let the dough ferment/rest for 1 hour in a bowl and cover it with dry towel/ folio
- After one hour, add the dried fruits and nuts into the dough. Mix it well.
- Place the dough on top of table. Sprinkle some flour.
- Roll it flat around 3 cm. Fold the dough from one end to the middle and fold the other side on top of the fold.
- Place it on baking paper. Let it proof for another 45 minutes.
- Bake the fruit cake in 180 C oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove it out of oven. Cool it down for 10 minutes
- Melt the butter. Brush the butter on top of the cake.
- Sprinkle enough sugar powder.
- Cool it down. Slice it into two and pack it with aluminium folio and keep it for one week.
- The cake will be compact and tasty.
That's english christmas fruit cake recipe, Special thanks to Tizz for making this delicious recipe.