Fri, 01 2020
Mike's Spicy Garlic Shrimp & Scallop Asian Stir Fry Over.RiceCook time : 60 mins, 4 servings
It's easy to learn how to make frozen mixed seafood with rice. frozen mixed seafood with rice is one of my favorite menu.
How to make frozen mixed seafood with rice easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the frozen mixed seafood with rice! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 2 Pounds Frozen Jumbo Raw Shrimp [husks on - reserve any de-thawed fluids]
- 1 Pound Frozen Jumbo Raw Scallops [reserve any de-thawed fluids]
- 2 tbsp Fine Minced Garlic [aromatic]
- 1 tsp Granulated Garlic [aromatic]
- 3 tbsp Garlic Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Red Pepper Flakes [aromatic]
- 1/4 Cup Fried Fresh Garlic [optional - garnish]
- 1 tbsp Pickled Ginger [aromatic]
- to taste Fresh Cabbage [thick sliced]
- to taste Green Onions [added last]
- to taste Green Bell Peppers [thin Sliced]
- to taste Fresh Carrots [peeled slices]
- to taste Purple Onions [thin slices]
- as needed Water Chestnuts
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley
- to taste Bamboo Shoots
- to taste Snap Peas [rinsed & blanched]
- to taste Fresh Broccoli [rinsed & blanched]
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce [aromatic]
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce [aromatic]
- 1 tbsp Quality Fish Sauce [aromatic]
- 2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce [aromatic]
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic Sea Salt + 1/2 tsp White Pepper [for your seafood stock]
- Dethaw your raw jumbo shrimp with just enough water to cover them. About 3 to 4 cups. Reserve all fluids.
- Dethaw your raw jumbo scallops with just enough water to cover them. About 2 cups. Reserve all fluids.
- TO BRINE YOUR RAW SEAFOOD ● Pour enough water on your raw shrimp and scallops to cover them. Then, add 1 tbsp salt - 1 tbsp sugar - 1 tbsp granulated garlic powder and 1/2 tbsp granulated onion powder to your water. Add ice cubes as well. You'll want both at 35° to 42°. Cover, shake well and place in fridge for a half to 1 hour. Shake occasionally.
- ● Peel shrimp and reserve all shells, tails, legs, veins and shrimp water. Place all leftovers back into shrimp water. ● Pour scallop water into shrimp water. Then, add 1 1/2 tsp garlic sea salt and 1/2 tsp white pepper and create your seafood stock. Bring to a boil and boil for 15 minutes. Be careful. She will boil over with the sea salt addition if you're not watching. Turn off heat.
- Cut your jumbo raw scallops into halves or quarters depending upon their size.
- After your shuck boil, strain your stock thru a very fine mesh strainer and place broth back in your pot. Discard shells and any residuals in your strainer.
- Reheat your clear, clean seafood stock to a very steady boil. Man! Is she gonna smell and sample so deliciously tasty!
- Place your rinsed snap peas and broccoli into your boiling seafood stock for 2 minutes. Watch these closely, remove them and set them to the side in ice water to arrest the cooking process. This method will kill any bacteria and slightly soften these very hard vegetables. Again, reserve your remaining seafood stock. I bring it back up to a simmer and allow it to reduce even further for fullest flavor.
- Blanched Broccoli.
- Chop your fresh vegetables. Separate your hard vegetables, soft vegetables and blanched vegetables. Hard vegetables to be Wok'd first, blanched vegetables second and soft, last.
- Fully drain your seafood from your brine water. Discard brine water and ice.
- If opting for the crunchy garlic garnish: ● Fry sliced garlic and red pepper flakes in garlic oil only until just slightly browned [before frying your hard vegetables] Anything darker will create a seriously bitter taste that will ruin your entire dish. So, watch it very closely. ● Drain all on paper towels until dried and crispy. Reserve all residual oil. Fine chop your crispy fried garlic later. You'll be using this as a garnish.
- If not, add 3 tablespoons garlic olive oil, your aromatics, your hard vegetables and 1 cup of your seafood stock to your Wok at a searing heat. Fry for 1 minute covered. No more.
- Immediately add all blanched vegetables and Wok for 30 seconds longer. Then, add all fully drained seafood and soft vegetables for 2 to 3 minutes covered. 2 minutes if not fully chilled. Add additional seafood stock if needed for steaming seafood. Stir once. Covered.
- Place your rice at the base of your bowl and pile on your seafood stir fry. Drizzle top with your residual seafood stock to hydrate and flavor your rice. Garnish with granulated garlic or crispy garlic and soy sauce. Serve with additional Soy Sauce.
That's frozen mixed seafood recipes with rice, Special thanks to MMOBRIEN for making this delicious recipe.