Tue, 01 2020
Homemade Chili with Kidney Beans & Beef
It's easy to learn how to make pumpkin chili recipe. pumpkin chili recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make pumpkin chili recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the pumpkin chili recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 Red or green bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp chili powder (the spice mix)
- 1/2 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 200 g Ground beef, or beef in cut in blocks works too
- 1 can Tomatoes
- 1 can Kidney beans
- 450 ml Tomato juice
- 1/2-1 tsp salt to taste
- 1/8 Kabocha pumpkin, cubed (optional - adds nice sweet note)
- TOPPINGS: Yogurt, sour cream, shredded cheese, etc.
- Mince garlic, chop onion and bell pepper into small pieces.
- Heat oil. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, & all spices. Cook until soft and begin to brown.
- Increase the heat a bit, and brown half of the beef breaking apart with a spatula or wooden spoon. Add in the second half and brown.
- Add beans, tomatoes, tomato juice & salt (about 1/4 tsp or so).
- Simmer 30 min w/ lid on, remove lid and simmer an additional 30 min. Adjust spices to taste, adding more salt if needed. (actually, if you have time, simmer for 1 hour w/ lid and another hour without). Adjust spices and salt at the end.
- If adding in Kabocha pumpkin, add it in about 20 - 25 minutes before the chili will be done. You can add it in with the tomatoes and beans, but it tends to fall apart if simmered too long.
- Garnish with yogurt or sour cream to take away some of the heat from the spice. Add cheese if you like. Also great with fresh cilantro!
That's pumpkin chili recipe, Special thanks to Felice for making this delicious recipe.