Wed, 01 2020
Pain de Campagne -- Rustic Bread
It's easy to learn how to make rustic bread. rustic bread is one of my favorite menu.
How to make rustic bread easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the rustic bread! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 200 grams All-purpose flour (Lys d'Or brand)
- 30 grams Graham flour
- 30 grams Rye Flour (whole grain if possible)
- 1 1/2 grams Malt powder
- 5 grams Salt
- 5 grams Sugar
- 170 ml Lukewarm water, around 40 ℃
- 3 grams Dry yeast
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and use chopsticks to mix in a circular motion into one unified mass.
- Place on a flat surface and knead the dough in a pull-and-extend motion for about 9 minutes. Lightly pull the dough and if it has a slightly glutinous film to it, it's good.
- Make into a round shape, place into a lightly-oiled bowl, and allow to rise until it reaches twice it's size. I do it at 40 ℃ for about 30 minutes.
- Place on a lightly flour-dusted flat surface and remove the gas. Make into a round shape and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Thoroughly flour the inside of a fermentation basket with all-purpose flour. Restore the dough's round shape and place in the basket with the seams facing up. Flatten by lightly pressing down on the top.
- Proof the dough for the second time in this state. It should fill about 80 to 90% of the basket. I do it at 40℃ for 40 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Carefully remove dough from the basket by turning it over gently and place on sheet.
- Bake in your preheated oven at 220 ℃ for 30 to 33 minutes and it's complete.
That's rustic bread, Special thanks to cookpad.japan for making this delicious recipe.