Sat, 02 2020
Baked Chestnut Pudding Made with Boiled Chestnut Paste
It's easy to learn how to make boiled pudding. boiled pudding is one of my favorite menu.
How to make boiled pudding easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the boiled pudding! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 140 grams Chestnut Paste
- 150 ml Milk
- 2 Eggs (whole)
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 Heavy cream, caramel sauce, etc
- Caramel sauce
- 45 grams Granulated sugar
- 2 tsp Water
- 1 heaping tablespoon Boiling water
- Put the milk and sugar in a pot and heat. When the sugar melts, turn off the heat and let it cool down. Add the milk and sugar to the chestnut paste and mix well.
- Add the beaten eggs and mix until smooth. (or use a blender).
- Strain and divide the liquid equally into ramekins.
- Bake in a hot water bath for 45-60 minutes in an oven preheated to 150℃. (Pour hot water into a baking dish and arrange the ramekins).
- Chill the pudding and top with whipped cream or caramel sauce. It's also delicious with kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) or maple syrup.
- Here's how to make the caramel sauce.
- Add the ingredients (granulated sugar and water) to a pot and heat over low. Watch it without stirring until the sugar starts to melt.
- If you stir before the sugar melts, the mixture will become cloudy.
- When the mixture starts to change color, it can burn very quickly, so be very careful while you're heating it.
- Remove from the heat and gradually add the 1 tablespoon of boiling water. If you add it all at once, it will splatter and could burn you, so add it a little bit at a time while mixing.
- It's hot, so be careful not to burn yourself. Adjust the final color of the caramel in Step 9.
- When it's done, let it cool and eat.
- Chestnut paste made with boiled chestnuts.
- This is really convenient I often use this non-dairy whipped cream. It's really convenient because it's already whipped.
That's boiled pudding, Special thanks to cookpad.japan for making this delicious recipe.