Mon, 02 2020
Nan's Orange Cranberry Compote
It's easy to learn how to make cranberry sauce recipe orange juice. cranberry sauce recipe orange juice is one of my favorite menu.
How to make cranberry sauce recipe orange juice easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the cranberry sauce recipe orange juice! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 2 cup water
- 2 pints fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Zest of 2 navel oranges
- 1 box orange gelatin (4-1/2 cup serving size)
- 20 oz can of pineapple tidbits, with juice
- 2 navel oranges
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- Place cranberries in a colander and rinse with cold water. Discard any white berries (not ripe), soft, squishy berries (over ripe), or icky looking berries.
- Zest the oranges, getting just the bright orange outer layer, none of the white pith. Each will yield about 1 tablespoon of zest.
- Place the cranberries in a medium saucepan. Add the water, sugar, and orange zest and stir to combine. Place on high heat, bring to a boil, and cook on high heat for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and cook another 5 minutes.
- Remove the cranberry mixture from the heat when done cooking and add orange gelatin. Stir to dissolve.
- While the cranberries are cooking, peel the oranges removing as much of the white pith layer as possible without getting all OCD and making yourself crazy.
- Separate the orange segments and cut them into thirds. You want big, juicy orange bites in the finished compote! Set them aside.
- Stir in the oranges and walnuts. Stir well to evenly distribute everything.
- Stir in the canned pineapple along with its juice. Allow to cool (don't refrigerate) for 30 minutes.
- When completely cooled, spoon into containers, cover and refrigerate. I like to make the day before I want it so it's very well chilled when served.
- If serving this as a dessert, it's extra yummy topped with a big squirt of whipped cream and a maraschino cherry! You can also change it up a bit with a different flavor of gelatin. Grape is quite good.
That's cranberry sauce recipe orange juice, Special thanks to Maggie Conlon Martin for making this delicious recipe.