Wed, 02 2020
Home-made Satsuma-age Fish Cakes
It's easy to learn how to make gingerbread men cake. gingerbread men cake is one of my favorite menu.
How to make gingerbread men cake easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the gingerbread men cake! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 400 grams White fish such as cod
- 30 grams Lima beans (frozen ones are OK)
- 30 grams Carrot
- 20 grams Wood ear mushrooms (rehydrated and squeezed out of the excess water)
- 2 tbsp Dried shrimps
- 2 Dried shiitake mushrooms (rehydrated and chopped finely)
- 16 grams Sugar
- 7 grams Salt
- 1 tsp each Soy sauce and juice from grated ginger
- 16 grams Cornstarch
- 2 tsp of water and sake Water to dissolve the cornstarch
- These are the ingredients. You can see one filet of fish in the photo, but I actually used 2 filets of fish (400 g).
- I used 2 kinds of fish and you can see the difference of the colour in this photo. Blitz the fish in a food processor.
- Transfer the fish into a mortar (with pestle) bowl.
- My mortar and pestle is small, so I ground the fish until smooth in 4 batches. This is a tiring job, but you will have plump fish cakes by doing this process.
- Add the sugar and salt and grind the mixture further. Add the cornstarch dissolved in water and sake, and stir in the wood ear mushrooms and carrot.
- Add the soy sauce and juice from the grated ginger, and shape the mixture into balls. Personally, I believe the wood ear mushrooms and lima beans are essential.
- Deep-fry the fishballs in the oil heated to 100-140˚C for 4-5 minutes. If you use fresh oil, you will have pale-browned fishballs. If the oil has been used many times before, they will be dark-colored.
- It is done. Note: In the photo at Step 5, you can see a naruto sitting next to the fish cakes. I tried to make it for fun.
That's gingerbread men cake, Special thanks to cookpad.japan for making this delicious recipe.