Sat, 02 2020
Vickys Jam & Custard Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF
It's easy to learn how to make s'mores cupcakes. s'mores cupcakes is one of my favorite menu.
How to make s'mores cupcakes easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the s'mores cupcakes! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 140 grams gluten-free / plain flour
- 240 ml light coconut milk
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp cornflour / cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150 grams granulated sugar
- 113 grams apple sauce or 80ml vegetable oil
- custard filling
- 3 tbsp custard powder - the Birds tubbed brand are free-from, the packets are not
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 200 ml light coconut milk
- 100 ml full fat coconut milk
- raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line 2 cupcake tins. This recipe makes 18 cupcakes
- Add the vinegar to the milk and set aside for 5 minutes at room temperature
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add all of other dry cake ingredients
- Mix the milk, oil/apple sauce and vanilla together and whip up until frothy then add to the dry ingredients and beat until combined
- Pour the mixture into the cupcake cases until 2/3 full, then bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes away clean
- While the cakes are baking, mix the custard ingredients together and bring to boil in a small pan, stirring continuously until thickened. Pour into a bowl, cover until cooled, then chill in fridge a while
- When the cakes are cooled enough, make a hole in the centre of each and fill the holes with some raspberry jam up to the top
- When the custard has chilled completely, put it in a piping bag and pipe a swirl on top of each cake
That's s'mores cupcakes, Special thanks to [email protected] Free-From Cookbook for making this delicious recipe.