Mon, 02 2020
Easy Shortcrust Pastry
It's easy to learn how to make shortcrust pastry recipe. shortcrust pastry recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make shortcrust pastry recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the shortcrust pastry recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 100 grams Cake flour
- 70 grams Butter
- 35 ml Cold water
- Chill the water in the fridge.
- Combine the cake flour, and bite-sized butter pieces into a bowl. Mix until the butter become pea sized while pressing down with a whisk.
- Add the cold water to Step 2 little by little, and mix by lifting the flour with a spatula. You might wonder if the dough will come together with that much water, but you don't need to worry.
- Press down the dough with the back of your hand, and divide in half with the edge of the spatula.
- Stack the pieces on top of one another.
- Press down with the back of your hand.
- Divide in half with the spatula.
- And stack...
- Repeat this about 10 times. The dough might be crumbly first, but it starts to come together. Cover the dough with plastic wrap, and let it sit in the fridge over night.
- Roll out the dough, and cut out a shape with a cookie cutter, then pop them in the oven to bake.
- They should rise and make layers like this.
That's shortcrust pastry recipe, Special thanks to cookpad.japan for making this delicious recipe.