Thu, 02 2020
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
It's easy to learn how to make chocolate zucchini cake. chocolate zucchini cake is one of my favorite menu.
How to make chocolate zucchini cake easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the chocolate zucchini cake! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- Cake batter
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 3/4 cup White sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cup Grated zucchini
- 2 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Ganache frosting
- 12 oz Bag of chocolate chips, I prefer semi-sweet
- 1/2 cup Whipping cream or half & half
- 1/2 tsp Almond extract or other extract, optional
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Preheat oven to 325
- Cream the butter, oil, & sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs and beat in. Fold in the grated zucchini.
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Then mix into the wet mixture.
- Lastly, add in the buttermilk & vanilla and beat on low until just combined.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 13 cake pan. Spread out evenly in the pan.
- Bake at 325 for 45 minutes to one hour, or until completely set in the middle. Time will vary depending on the moisture content of your zucchini.
- Let cool completely before frosting the cake.
- For the ganache: Heat the cream to a slow boil...just when you see the small bubbles around the edge of sauce pan. Then pour the hot cream over chocolate chips. Let sit one minute before beginning to whisk until completely smooth. Whisk in one tablespoon butter, cut into small chunks and flavoring extract if using.
- Let the ganache cool slightly before frosting the cake.
That's chocolate zucchini cake, Special thanks to supernanny for making this delicious recipe.