Sun, 02 2020
Vickys Christmas Cranberry & Pistachio Cookies, GF DF EF SF
It's easy to learn how to make cranberry shortbread recipe. cranberry shortbread recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make cranberry shortbread recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the cranberry shortbread recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 370 grams gluten-free / plain flour (3 cups)
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum if using GF flour
- 235 grams sunflower spread / butter (1 cup)
- 170 grams golden caster sugar (3/4 cup)
- 1 pinch salt
- 40 grams chopped dried cranberries (1/3 cup)
- 40 grams chopped shelled pistachios (3/8 cup)
- cold water as needed to bind
- icing sugar to decorate
- In a bowl, rub together the flour, xanthan gum if using, salt and butter with your fingertips to form breadcrumbs
- Add the sugar and knead into a dough, adding a few drops cold water as required to help it come together
- Knead in the nuts and cranberries then form a sausage shape from the dough about 4cm in diameter
- Wrap in clingfilm and chill for half an hour
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line a baking tray
- Cut the dough into 24 pieces and roll into balls, then flatten with the palm of your hand. I find it easiest to cut the dough into quarters then mark with a knife 6 lines on each quarter sausage then cut through into even slices
- Place on the baking tray and bake for 14 - 18 minutes until slightly golden
- Let sit on the baking tray a couple of minutes before cooling completely on a wire rack then dust lightly with icing sugar
- You can freeze half of the dough for later use if required. It'll keep for around 3 months
- You can leave out the pistachios if you can't tolerate nuts or exchange them for sunflower seeds
That's cranberry shortbread recipe, Special thanks to [email protected] Free-From Cookbook for making this delicious recipe.