Sun, 02 2020
Vickys Easter Bonnet Cookie Decorating Idea
It's easy to learn how to make royal icing decorations. royal icing decorations is one of my favorite menu.
How to make royal icing decorations easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the royal icing decorations! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- Vickys Iced & Spiced Cookie recipe from my recipe list
- round cookie cutters, 2 different diameter sizes
- icing - see my royal icing recipe
- food colouring as desired
- cake decorations - silver balls, sprinkles etc
- Make up my Iced & Spiced cookie dough according to the recipe directions. You'll find it in my profile. The whole amount will make around 24 cookies
- After chilling, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thick. Using the larger of the cutters, cut out 12 large discs (the recipe will allow more if you want to make more). Bake as according to the recipe, for around 12 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack
- Ball up and roll out the dough again. Using the smaller cutter, cut out the same number in little discs and bake at given temp for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack
- Using a little plain icing, stick the small discs on top of the larger ones in the centre
- Colour more icing and spoon it gently over the whole bonnet. Don't make the icing too thin!
- Now decorate with sprinkles, sugarpaste flowers, glitter sugar, fruit leather, anything you like to make a pretty easter bonnet!
- Any leftover cookie dough can be frozen for later use
That's royal icing decorations, Special thanks to [email protected] Free-From Cookbook for making this delicious recipe.