Sun, 02 2020
Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing/Dressing
It's easy to learn how to make sausage meat stuffing. sausage meat stuffing is one of my favorite menu.
How to make sausage meat stuffing easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the sausage meat stuffing! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 (12-16 oz) bag of stuffing cubes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed thyme
- 2 tablespoon no/reduce salt butter, melted
- 2-4 cups reduce/no salt chicken broth
- Remove sausages from their casings. Heat up sausage in a skillet. As it is browning, break it up with a fork. Once browned, put it to the side.
- Spray the slow cooker or, better yet, put in a liner. You will thank me later.
- In large bowl mix the stuffing cubes with dried cranberries, sausage, ground black pepper, onion & garlic powder, poultry seasoning, ground sage, and then finally the crushed rosemary & thyme.
- Pour the butter on top, then stir together. Next, add the chicken broth until you get the moisture that you desire. For me, it took 3 cups of broth.
- Cook on low for 2- 3 hours. Check after 2 hours, then every half hour after that. Stirring as you check it out. It took me 2 1/2 hours to get it the way that I like it.
That's sausage meat stuffing, Special thanks to J.A.B. for making this delicious recipe.