Smokey Crock-pot Venison Chili
It's easy to learn how to make venison chili recipe. venison chili recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make venison chili recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the venison chili recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1 lb venison shank steaks
- 2 lb venison - ground
- 3/4 lb Bratwurst
- 12 medium tomatoes or 2- 28 oz whole peeled cans
- 1 can Red Beans 15.5 oz can
- 1 can Navy Beans 15.5 oz can
- 1 can Whole Kernel Corn 15.25 oz can
- 2 large Red Bell Peppers
- 1 large Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 large Orange Bell Pepper
- 2 packages Sazon Goya Seasoning
- 3 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Ground Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 dash Tobasco
- 1 can Tomato Paste 6 oz can
- 12 Jalapenos (optional)
- 2 Ghost Peppers (very optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Using a large frying pan, sautee the steaks and brats on medium heat.
- If useing garden tomatoes. Preheat oven to 350. Cut tomatoes in half and place them cut side down onto oiled cookie sheet. Drizzle oil onto tomatoes and sprinkle with salt. Roast in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove steaks at medium doneness leaving the brats and juices. Sautee the ground venison until medium.
- Cut steaks into 1/2" pieces and put into crockpot. Add ground venison and all the cooking juices. (Venison is very lean so it is juices not fat). Leave alone for 10 minutes so the meat reassorbs the juices.
- Sautee brats longer until slightly charred. Then slice into 1/2" pieces and add to crockpot
- Take tomatoes out of oven. Using two forks, so you don't burn yourself, peel skin off and discard. Pour all juices and tomatoes into crockpot.
- Chop the peppers into 1/2" pieces and put into crockpot. Drain beans and corn and put them into crockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients except paste and stir till combined.
- Heat on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. I enjoy this chili over a slice of corn bread.
- After halfway cooking you can add paste if chili is too thin. Also can add jalapenos and/or your favorite hot sauce to heat things up.
That's venison chili recipe, Special thanks to Lastsight for making this delicious recipe.