Thu, 02 2020
Steam Brown Bread
It's easy to learn how to make brown bread. brown bread is one of my favorite menu.
How to make brown bread easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the brown bread! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 2 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cup flour
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Spray a pan or metal cans (we use tomatao juice cans) with cooking spray. Pour in mixture until cans are half full. Cover tops with tinfoil.
- Place covered cans in a large pot and add hot water. Approximately halfway up the cans inside. Any more and cans will float. Cover pot with a lid and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 hour. Do not remove lid unless you must add more water. If more water is required stop the timer until a boil is once again reached.
- After the 1 hour, Remove cans and remove the tinfoil. Bread should be rounded at the top, and a knife should come out clean. Once bread has cooled for approximately 15 minutes turn cans upside down and slide out loaf of bread. Allow to cool a bit before slicing.
- NOTE: As some have asked, I use cams that hold 5 cups if liquid. They measure 4"in diameter and are 6" tall. The recipe will make 3 cans of bread. You may also weigh the cans down with a plate if you find them bouncing around in the boiling water.
That's brown bread, Special thanks to Grill-Master for making this delicious recipe.