Fri, 02 2020
Indo-Dutch Klappertaart (Coconut Cake)
It's easy to learn how to make dutch pastry . dutch pastry is one of my favorite menu.
How to make dutch pastry easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the dutch pastry ! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- Mixture A:
- 18 oz whole milk
- 70 gr unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mixture B:
- 3/4 cup pure young coconut water
- 50 gr corn starch
- 20 gr all purpose flour
- 6 egg yolk
- Mixture C:
- 400 gr shredded young coconut fruit
- 100 gr raisins
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp spiced rum
- Meringue Topping:
- 1/2 cups egg white
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Cinnamon Powder
- Roasted Almond Flakes
- In a sauce pan, put the Mixture A over low heat to melt. Stir welP
- Put the mixture B in a mixer bowl, set to low speed or whisk it gently. Mix the Mixture B to Mixture A in the saucepan and continue stirring in low heat to prevent from clumping.
- Once the mixture is thicken, turn down the heat then put the Mixture C in. Stir well. Pour the mixture in a tin/aluminum foil.
- Meringue Topping: Using the hand mixer, whisk the egg white in medium speed and gradually pour 1/4 cup of granulated sugar to soft peak (foamy texture, it is soft and when you turn your whisk upside down it will start to hold but eventually melt after a second).
- Pour the meringue on top of the Klappertaart mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon powder, raisins, and almond flakes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F then oven baked the klappertaart for 30 minutes.
- Set aside and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Enjoy!
That's dutch pastry recipes, Special thanks to Janis Al-Fath for making this delicious recipe.